1. NOT COOKIN': Knowing many of you like I do, I know there won't be much home cookin' going on in your homes tonight. But here is a simple recipe that you could use for your 2nd night of school (or any other night for that matter)!
Easy Chicken Bake
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 40 min
Makes: 6 servings
1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1-1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup Sour Cream
1 bag (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, drained
Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package; set aside.
Mix chicken, soup, sour cream and vegetables in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with the stuffing.
Bake 30 min or until chicken is cooked through
2. SIT DOWN! Most of you have been on your feet all day for the first time in months. Let your feet relax. You can also get a pop can and roll your feet over it to help massage your arches.
3. H2O: You have been talking ALL DAY LONG. Drink lots of water to replenish your body and help your vocal cords rest. Remember: for the most part your kids were pretty quiet today...tomorrow they begin to come out of their shells!
4. ENJOY: Do something you enjoy doing whether it be watching tv, reading a book, blogging, listening to music, etc. You have many more days (179 to be exact) to concentrate on school work.
5. BED: Get to bed at a decent hour. You just put out every ounce of energy you had for those kids today. Make sure you re-charge because they are comin' back in full force tomorrow!
6. WEEKEND: Only 3 days away and it's a THREE DAY WEEKEND...even better!
Remember...it starts all over tomorrow!