Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Sometime last week I realized my right shoulder was really tight. My loving husband would tell you it is nothing new, I am always whining for someone to massage my shoulders. As the week went on it hurt worse and worse and there was NO SIGN of the pain letting up. Did I call the Chiropractor...nope just kept complaining and living with (complaining about) the pain. The weekend rolled around and the pain was almost UNBEARABLE!!!! I spent all of Sunday in my jammies on the couch (oh yeah, Will would tell you that is nothing new for me either!)
Today I was able to get in to see my Chiropractor; Dr Thompson. By the time I made the appointment yesterday the pain had moved from my right shoulder and neck all the way around to my right front to the very point of my collar bone! I can't even touch my collar bone it is so painful! Well, needless to say Dr Thompson informed me that I was a mess! I wanted to say, DUH Doc! Tell me something I don't know, that my husband doesn't know, Oh yeah, and that my friends don't know!!! But I kept my sarcastic humor to myself. He found that BOTH of my hips were out, my neck was out in two different places, the middle of my back he adjusted in a FEW different spots, AND my shoulder and collar bone BOTH needed adjusting.
I feel a bit better but hope to feel TONS better after my massage tonight! I hope to be back up and BLOGGIN' soon. But my shoulder can only handle so much movement.
By the way...why is it that your children seem to be so needy when you, yourself need a little "sick time?"
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
And for the Finale...
I guess he was adding his "Kid Rock" version of Country!
I do believe both of my children are very talented and that they have the abilities to be ANYTHING in the world they want to be...but musicians probably are not in the cards for them. :)
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Sunday brought more football but not as much watched by us. We got outside and did a little work around the house and inside my horribly messy car! It is amazing and disgusting the things you find when you deep clean your back seats!
Ryan showing us what he is "trying" to do w/o putting his foot down.
Taylor showing me that she CAN TOO dribble between her legs! After seeing this pic she decided maybe she did need some more practice. Funny Girl!!
Will's look of "Would you put the darn camera down and start helping please!"
I can't remember the last time we were all home together on the weekend. Taylor is usually away most of the weekend at different friends houses. We have started asking her if she is trying to tell us she doesn't like us much. I really enjoyed our family time together. It was a relaxing and productive weekend all in one! Gotta love it!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Taylor has all items on her nightstand, right next to her head.
As the two of them were working on the LEGO items Taylor was busy with her own bidding. She was trying to win a football signed by Prosser's one and only Kirby Moore (#34 on the Mustang Football team)! Well, unfortunately in the end she lost at the last second...but she had a back up plan...she was also eyeing the signed picture, water bottle, AND football signed by Prosser's current QB Jordan Durbin. When she realized she had lost the items signed by Kirby she put all her attention and efforts into winning Jordan's items.
The night was a success all around!!! Ryan "bought" his LEGO's, Taylor won her Jordan Durbin items and the Preschool made a KILLING off of my kids!
Love you RyJack!!!!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Taylor gave Ryan Connect Four so they can play together and hopefully help Ryan learn to make AB patterns! Will and I gave Mr Ryan Mario Kart for the Wii, a Star Wars figure, a Razor Scooter (which we then went back and got another one for Miss Taylor), and an IPod Shuffle (in green of course!!). Ryan has been asking for an IPod for the past two years. Will and I have discussed the fact that a 5 year old with an IPod is a bit...no A LOT absurd but with the rest of us in the fam having ITunes it didn't make sense to get "a kids" type IPod and purchase a totally different music base. So, yes he got the shuffle and he was SOOOO THRILLED! He loaded songs on that thing immediately, put the headphones on and danced and sang all day long!
Nana Cheryl and Papa Dickie gave him Star Wars Sheets for his bed, some clothes, and what he and Will describe as "the best thing ever"...The Millennium Falcon which he and Will were soooo excited about! The two of them were kept busy for HOURS! Apparently the advertisement for the Millennium Falcon was "The ultimate dollhouse for boys."
Don't I look thrilled to have everyone just hangin' around...I think they thought it was a GREAT party! I'm thinking...Let's get this party started!!!!!After sitting around all day waiting for something to happen my parents, my sister and my aunt took Miss Taylor home for the night (around 10:30ish). As I watched the second hand move SLOWLY around and around while Will laid on the couch SOUND asleep...I realized IT was TIME!!!
Will got the nurse who came in to check me and quickly replied "DO NOT PUSH! The Doctor will be RIGHT in!" Dr Anderson came rushing into the room. Everyone seemed to be in fast forward. But apparently because it was almost midnight and the nurse had already filled out the paper work for the following day and was trying to get it changed WHILE I NEEDED TO PUSH!!!!!
When Dr. Anderson gave me the go ahead I pushed twice and out Mr Ryan came into the world! I should have known by how easy my delivery was with him that he would cause trouble down the road! :) He was born on November 1st at 11:58pm.
Daddy changing the first diaper.
We called my parents at our house to let them know they left just a bit too soon. They woke everyone up, got dressed and loaded back up into the car to drive in the SNOW back to the hospital.
Ryan has blessed us with so many wonderful AND stressful things so far in his 5 years. I am sure he has so much more up his sleeve to bless us all with! We love you Ryan Jackson!!!!
Big 5 year old boy!!!
1. In my 13 years of public schooling I attended 8 DIFFERENT schools! My dad had a saying..."We move every six year whether we need to or not just to get the house deep cleaned!" And he stuck to that!
2. When I was pregnant with Miss Taylor my water broke on the field of Art Fiker Stadium! She was born on mine and Will's 1 year wedding anniversary. (It was such a romantic way to spend our first anniversary together...in the hospital pushing!) Since then, every year on August 9th instead of getting all dressed up to go out for a romantic evening we have a birthday party with a bunch of crazy girls running around!
3. I have a MAJOR FEAR of clowns and anything dressed in a costume covering their face! As far back as I can remember I have be DEATHLY afraid of CLOWNS. Up until college I had chalked it up to me just being dumb. Until one day a girlfriend came back from Psych class saying her Professor talked during class about a REAL fear people have for clowns! I was so glad to know I wasn't as crazy as I had originally believed!
4. My Junior year in high school I got the opportunity to perform during halftime at the Aloha Bowl (which no longer exists). I woke up Christmas morning in Hawaii (without my family) to put on a skin tight, bright red, one piece spandex outfit to dance on national television...wouldn't catch me DEAD in that thing now...cause I wouldn't be able to get it past my calf!
5. I HATE public events! I am such a homebody!!!! Going to social events and parties causes my heart to race and my palms to sweat...even if the event is held by our best of friends! Whenever I tell people that I am NOT social they always think I am joking. But really I have MAJOR Social Anxiety attacks!
6. I have a major habit of picking my kids noses! I know...TOTALLY GROSS! But I find "Boogs" in the nose of children even more disgusting!!! Taylor won't even get near me anymore...and Ryan is finding ways of wiggling out of my reach really fast!
7. Whenever we leave our house for a long period of time(vacations, trips to the Westside) I begin to panic on the way home that our house has burned to the ground and no one called to tell us. Ever since Will and I purchased our first home I have always had this fear of returning to a house burnt to the ground. I have NEVER discussed it with the kids but the very RANDOMLY WEIRD thing is...Ryan has started worrying about our house burning to the ground lately.???
Thanks Lolli for allowing me time to realize how TOTALLY weird I truly am!! :)
I'm tagging: **Kim-Juliane-Wanda-Alissa-Sunny-Tawnya**